ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

Very true Ushiva AND on this forum too. People rubbished R.J....

1. 21,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2100
    Very true Ushiva AND on this forum too. People rubbished R.J. for selling gas that he didn't have.
    R.J. has always argued that in the gas industry it is far more important to get contracts before you spend $millions looking for gas and then find it difficult to sell.

That appears to be happening exactly as he predicted. Not many suppliers will be able to do deals for LNG based on the Singapore Tapis oil price, the market has certainly changed from a sellers to a buyers market.
    That GSA that R.J. secured is certainly ICN's holy grail and BPT MUST see how advantageous it would be to them also, especially if they get have a share of it through its j/v with ICN.
    I really think that the GSA has been the major contributor to BPT wanting to accelerate its drilling programme so that those certifications can be obtained for 218 and 855 before next years "deadline". I put that in inverted commas as I believe that the buyer will be flexible with the GSA, especially now that they will see what is in Halifax-1.
    Having a GSA also speeds up the classifications from "contingent resource" to "reserve' as it satisfies one major "contingency" that the owner"(s) of the resource can and intend to develop and sell it, which, again, verifies the astuteness of having that GSA in place.
    Again, just my thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.