CTM 1.08% 47.0¢ centaurus metals limited

One CTM journey

1. 19,874 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1010

Hi CTM posters,

Those of you who have been in this company for a bit will know that I backed up the truck on CTMOCs at under .04 having salvaged only 25% of my stake in the disaster that was the CTMOBs. I've been a fan ever since and at 25 bags (give or take an .18 conversion) it's time to wave the bat and retire unhurt.

It's been a pretty wild ride since the consolidation lows of March 2020, but to those of you here who saw the value in the Jaguar acquisition and did your due diligence, I'd say you are on the cusp of some stellar returns, with dividends in the years to come.

Myself, I will be holding a smaller portion of CTM to fund lifestyle, but no longer posting as often here as I convert nickel ground for coastal property and settle in to a less plugged in lifestyle.

It's always easy to offer buy recommendations, but trickier to disclose on selling decisions, so I reckon this is the best way to do it.

Someone bagged me out a few weeks back about posting regularly on CTM, which prompted me to check my hotcopper profile and note that I'd been 20 years on this site averaging two or three posts a day. It's nothing I've ever really worried about because my screen-based work meant this site was just one more window to check and gauge the wider world while working?

In any case, CTM, and a few others, have funded retirement ten years earlier than expected. I will no longer going to be in front of a screen as often, so it seems a good time to step back and note the great posters here and on other threads that have helped me learn, grow and enjoy the market movements for good and bad. They know who they are, because respectful and friendly and lively posts speak for themselves.

I've certainly been in my share of duds over the years (UEC and PBI spring to mind) and I've sold out of some great stocks too early having been swayed by others and not followed my own path. As we all know, good management is the key to good share growth, but it's not always easy to find in the Australian market even when the product is good (I'm looking at you Cynata).

The trolls and the shills on and off this site who try and stifle those shareholders seeking accountability should be called out regularly and hotcopper management has also, I believe, an important role in promoting diversity of opinion and respectful research. The site should and could work harder on moderation and stopping online abuse. It's been disappointing to see how some posters are able to continually flout the cyber bullying rules yet post with apparent impunity. HC is playing a dangerous and unfortunate game to allow it to continue.

I plan to keep my hotcopper account, but will lurk more and post less. I see some older posters here swinging it daily, arguing like children and know that I don't want to be one of those guys. You'll forgive me if I pop in occasionally, if only to stimulate a discussion that I can then watch from afar.

The Chinese nickel shock last March was the one big event that changed my thinking on hanging out here beyond 2021, particularly when other opportunities outside of work and investing presented.

At that stage I was holding mega amounts of CTM options and the (manipulated) drop in nickel which flowed through to CTM's share price made for a difficult few months of juggling. It was an oppies squeeze pure and simple and it certainly squeezed a lot of future upside out of my potential 2023 portfolio. I'd be holding more for longer if not for the March meltdown.

With that in mind, and despite still buying the dips throughout to trade on a daily basis, I've made a strategic exit of long-held stock this week, while still have a large slab for the inevitable future upside (which is sure to begin Thursday now I've fed most of mine out). Still property settlements do not wait for CTM to hit the Sprott $1.30 (now $1.50), which I fully expect we'll see later this year.

Hope you all enjoy your riches as CTM spins out the iron ore, gets a cash offer from Twiggy and/or pays dividends from now until the long sleep.

Am thrilled with my new backyard ... or front yard depending on which end of the property I'm on ... and hope you guys do brilliantly from here.
    I'll be riding it with you.

... catchya later ...

-some bloke who had to add an 's' 20 years ago to get a lazy hotcopper nic he could remember...

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3578/3578646-4d01449c18d8bbe25964f2d78a47f2a3.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.005(1.08%)
Mkt cap ! $233.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 48.0¢ 45.0¢ $443.8K 946.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 242920 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 104703 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.