SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

one day to go!!!, page-89

1. 3,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    RVINTL, you posted your resume, which is fantastic, but didn't reply to what was actually said.

For SDL to include Nabeba in the development, it's going to cost them an extra $600m. It's only going to cost an extra $600m because they only need to build a 40km rail spur to the site at Nabeba, and the mine infrastructure at Nabeba. The rest of the rail, and the port were already included in the $3.4Bn CAPEX figure. If you want to calculate the CAPEX per tonne for the project, you need to aggregate what is being mined at both sites and use the total CAPEX figure of $4Bn. Isolating Nabeba's output of 21mtpa and the rise in CAPEX costs of $600m to arrive at the CAPEX per tonne for Nabeba is incorrect because you're not taking into consideration the rest of the rail ine and the port.

In your calculation;

"The numbers don't seem to add up IF the Capacity Target is 21-M tons off Nabemba (Nameeba???) and they only would spend $600-M to develop - that's a Cheap $28.58 per ton capacity CAPEX - if my simple arithmetic serves me right..... Is there anyone there got a scientific calculator??? Can you pls correct this number??? "

You make no allowance for the CAPEX re the rest of the rail and the port infrastructure. This is incorrect, as the IO mined from Nabeba is going to use this infrastructure.

To put it another way, are you saying that if you did the same calculation for the Mbalam tenament you would attribute the full amount of the remaining CAPEX, being $3.4Bn, to what is produced at Mbalam alone? That makes no sense when the IO from Nabeba is using the infrastructure also.

Just aggregate the output of the two mines and aggregate the total CAPEX, then you'll have the figures your after.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.