One down, one to go

1. 24,100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

One down, one to go.

Biden gone.

Just leaves Trump to go for the US to save face.

Joe Biden withdraws from presidential race, opening path for another Democrat to face Donald Trump
    Joe Biden has ended his bid for re-election after weeks of mounting pressure, meaning Donald Trump will face a new opponent.

July 22, 2024

US President Joe Biden has ended his bid for re-election, opening the way for another Democratic candidate to take on Republican Donald Trump in November’s election.

On Sunday afternoon, US time, Mr Biden admitted it was in the “best interest” of the Democratic Party and the country for him to drop out of race. He endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris to replace him on the ballot.

“While it has been my intention to seek re-election, I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term,” Mr Biden said in a written statement.

“I will speak to the nation later this week in more detail about my decision.

More:-
    https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/joe-biden-withdraws-from-presidential-race-opening-path-for-another-democrat-to-face-donald-trump/news-story/4e26cd18772919ff0a09acd850d3bac4

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.