SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

One for the maths nuts

1. 2,852 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2002
    Maybe @tradealot or someone else good with numbers can work this out.

I have had another read of the recent EU card processing update and was curious if there was sufficient information/figures to work out what the Daily Processed Transaction Volume (DPTV) was sitting at as of 30 March. DPTV appears to be an internal metric that management are using at this stage to monitor changes in transaction volume. I would imagine a daily figure is being used as transaction volumes are increasing noticeably from one day to the next.

Known info/figures from announcement:

GPTV annualised for the period from 23 Jan to 30 March was $302 million and this was generated from averaging out the transaction volume from each day during the period and then annualising that daily average.

There were 68 days in that period. So working back from $302mil annual figure:

$302mil divided by 365(days) gives an average DPTV of $827k.

$827k x 68 days = $56.23mil GPTV for the period of 23 Jan to 30 March.

So the important figures for further calculation are:

DPTV average for period = $827k

Total GPTV for period = $56.23mil

Now the other piece of information provided was that from 1 Feb to 30 March DPTV increased by 260%. So this shows that the DPTV at 30 March was significantly higher that what it was on 1 Feb.

The average DPTV for the slightly longer period from 23 Jan to 30 March was $827k. So all this together suggests that the DPTV at the back end of the period, say the last few weeks of March would have been significantly higher than $827k for the period given the large % increase from first day to last day.

My question is, with the limited information available, can you work out mathematically what DPTV at 30 March would be when you know the average DPTV for the period, the total GPTV for the period and the percentage increase from start DPTV figure to the end DPTV figure, but not the actual start/end DPTV figures?

Obviously the two date ranges (one longer by 10 days) provided for the figures don't match so some assumption would have to come into any figures produced.

Beyond my mathematical abilities!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.