What gets to me the most is that Judge Hugh Botting is a family...

1. 11 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    What gets to me the most is that Judge Hugh Botting is a family man, one of my kids was in the same class as one of my kids during primary school. They are now in their late teens and lost touch years ago, I know it is physically possible now, but hope not for the kids sake as they are too young to be parents, but at some stage in the future he most likely will become a grandfather.I wonder how he would like it if Dennis Ferguson moved in across or just down the road to where a grandchild of his was living?

I remember years ago reading the Courier-Mail at the breakfast table and come on a report of a case of a violent and vicious assault, and Judge Botting paid out big time to the offender after been found guilty by a jury.I remember screaming out and spitting out a mouth full of corn flakes "YEAH GOOOOOO HUGHIE"
    After getting all excited I came to the last line and the sentence handed down,from memory it was two years and parole after nine months.

I have alway believed and said that Judges should be elected by the people of Australia and not by their Peers.I think all Queenslanders reading this can remember a just a few months ago a female public prosecutor who asked for non jail sentences to be handed down in a case. She is now a judge and after an appeal three of the men are now in jail. She was elected by her peers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.