RIA 0.00% 3.3¢ rialto energy limited

one more sleep , page-66

1. 1,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Having looked back onto the map and it seems strange to have picked this location for the first development well. I've looked back at the CPR for where the other wells in the Gazelle area are, and it appears that this was drilled around 2km away from the others which were all in fairly close contact with each other. The wells shown on the CPR are IVCO-14, Gazelle-1, Gazelle-2, IVCO-21 and IVCO-12. These wells were all located in the red area (the gas area) but they have drilled Gazelle-3, across into the green area where they were expecting to find oil.

I think maybe RIA weren't quite truthful with that this was a development well, and it looks like it may have been an appraisal well anyway. Why would they drill a development well so far outside of the proven area, therefore depending on what the CPR was based on, I don't think this will have any effect on the outstanding reserves, but it is strange that they chose to drill this well first.

I would have thought that this well was riskier than Gazelle-4 which appears to be being drilled close to the other wells which have found oil and gas (predominantly gas) so I don't understand their "development" plan starting with Gazelle-3, unless they decided to put it their to test Condor. If so, they should have been clearer with the message prior to their drilling programme.

I wonder how far they are planning on sidetracking it, to test the UC1 and UC3.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.