XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

hardly ever visit here but always learn something - I have...

1. 804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    hardly ever visit here but always learn something - I have learnt a bit about "big picture" cycles - Armstrong, Dent, K , president, whatever and learnt to trust commentators those that use them sensibly (yep Faber is into the planets) - seems to me TA is "small picture" cycle stuff and although I get lost with most of it the easy stuff like MA's, RSI, volume, chart patterns, "resistance" etc has got my hit rate up no end - there are many here on HC who do their homework and get it right MOST of the time

that MOST bit (I'm happy with 60%!) is all I can hope for I reckon

anyway thanks for having a thread to visit - Volts stuff is rather like psychotherapy for us market tragics I reckon

anyway here's something from Pretcher:

1. 152 days +52%
    2. 28 days +11%
    3. 77 days +19%
    4. 69 days +27%
    5. 31 days +30%
    6. 35 days +39%
    7. 28 days +27%

This information obviously seems to paint a bullish picture: The stock market was in double-digit rally mode during 43% of the total calendar days in question.
    But in fact, those rallies were the days when the bear was catching his breath. The market was the Dow Jones Industrials; the overall period was from November 1929 to July 1932. It devastated investors. The Dow lost 80% of its value. Yes, that includes the rallies listed above

-just thought it was interesting to anyone worried about managing risk

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article19435.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.