XJO 0.27% 8,036.5 s&p/asx 200

one more try , page-52

1. 18,561 Posts.
    Treggs

Don't get personal - just because I don't post on stocks a lot doesn't mean I don't necessarily know what I'm talking about. I've seen a lot of TA people come and go over the past 10 years.

I leave you guys alone - it's not my role to criticise but I'm making an exception :)

I made my initial contribution because the poster obviously didn't get a response last time, hence the header,"one more try" and I stand by my comments.

One only has to read this thread to see that you are all over the place. You overcomplicate. I can only assume that the poster who believes that the planets are a factor also believes that Mary McKillop performs miracles from the after life, or is simply taking the mickey.

If TA worked you'd all be at least a little bit consistent. Voltaire's ananolgy is incorrect - you can't all support TA if your forecasts as so transparantly diverse and your comments full of qualifications like "might be's, could be, perhaps, if nots," etc.

I have a simplified version of TA that I've posted previously.

Draw a trendline on the share that you like - draw it over whatever time line rocks your boat - 6 minutes, 6 days, 6 weeks or six years. Show it to a 10 year old from a distance of three feet and ask the child what the trend is. If they say it's up - buy. If they say it's down don't buy or short. Put in a rolling stop loss if you are short term trading.

It's called momentum trading as I'm sure you know - it's as good as the complicated TA that the original poster was seeking advice about.

Sorry to be a part pooper and please continue to do whatever you enjoy.

ps - I usede to love CK's posts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.