XJO 0.38% 8,027.1 s&p/asx 200

one more try , page-53

1. 5,311 Posts.
    Cerhob,

Forgive me for getting wound up. If you have seen my posts I actually use "momentum trading" and I have written a few momentum indicators to develop my own edge. My technical posts/charts are almost always based on my indicators and systems so I guess we agree momentum is important.

Your analogy of using a 10 year old to look at a trend is infact simple TA, which I don't have a problem with. No point making things more complex than than need to be as it keeps trade decision making simple and logical.

Using momentum in the direction of the underlying trend is/has been the most successful form of trading for me and I use TA to define the trend and sow momentum.

That said, I do think it's important to keep an eye on overall funnymentals. I don't use fundamentals for trade decisions but keeping an eye on the economy and other big fundamental news can help identify trend changes, which is obviously important.

The reason for so many different opinions on this thread is because while we all use TA, we all have our own style. I don't use astro stuff but that doesn't mean it doesn't have merit and isn't worth reading. I'm open to anything that works so I'll read pretty much anything that has some logical reasons and a proven track record. If someone here gives me an idea and after my own testing it works, why not use it? And why not share the results. We all all here to make a quid and XJO has always been about developing and sharing idea's.

Please accept my apologies for jumping on you. Clackers and I had a few clashes because of his "bait XJO" style and I guess I read some of that in your post.

If you have some idea's to share, please share them and I'm sure they will be discussed constructively here. The XJO regulars are usually quick to jump on people who are here just to cause trouble and wilfully belittle people. If you aren't one of these people, then you are welcome here :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.