One of the most important articles for Ozzies, page-3

1. 83,277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    yes, I agree the old economic model is done. I think we will get a new something that will do us for a while - but, we will have to be lucky to get a model that will carry us through all the way to full automation and no paid human work - but, we shall see.
    I do wonder about a time in future beyond that where there may well be almost nothing at all like we have now - with or without robots etc. - a time where there is zero manufacturing and service as we know it - where we have individual manufacturing capability - and the resources for it will be basically just drawn out of thin air. There's certainly hypotheses about that kind of thing already - I doubt if I'll see that one though.

The article of course wasn't about that at all - and had a spiritual bent to it -

which is where I didn't agree much - IMO - people will learn - that IMO will be the main aim in life - to learn - which will be interesting when one thinks of the thinking resources that will be available with AI etc. -

but, for a while - there's a lot of miles in philosophies and things like art which will display much of our subconscious thinking I assume.

The next decades are going to be just such a seismic shift for mankind if we don't blow ourselves back to the stone age - because we will be released from drudgery, we will be enhanced by AI and I really don't know where we will go - but, I suspect it will show the real potential of mankind - which is, well, sadly lacking so far - but, we do see the odd positive spark among the tragedy.

we wait

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.