one punch = death =life in.prison , page-4

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Vinn, I am a Qlder and am super impressed with Campbells "can do" attitude. He is really doing his best to clean up the place and rid our state of bikies. He's also making life more difficult for sex offenders and is also pushing for harsher penalties.

However, I am a little worried about a "one punch life sentence law". I too think it sets a dangerous precedent. I'm all for harsh penalties, but an across the board life sentence is dangerous in my books. I'm sure provocation should be taken into consideration and not be ignored. What if the person hits his head whilst falling and this is the cause of his death and not the punch?

I'm all for punishing this sort of behaviour heavily but circumstances are not always black and white.

What about knife attacks that end in death? In most circumstances they are downgraded to manslaughter and I have seen people die and the perp is lucky to get 4 years in prison. I believe any person dying from a knife attack is worse than one punch.

And i don't buy into the whole "police state" argument. I'm more than happy to live in a society where people get severe punishments for serious crimes. I'm sick of seeing our country hand out disgraceful lenient sentences to killers and sex offenders because we are too worried about their ability to be rehabilitated. Clean out the shite and come down hard on those who don't toe the line. Nothing wrong with that!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.