one underarm pushed all deoderants to limits

1. 3,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I've never had an issue with underarm odour but, over the course of the year, noticed my left armpit had developed an almost constant odour, which would appear not long after a shower, even when using the normal super-strength anti-persperants!

So I googled it, thinking I'd be alone with the one troubled armpit. Sure enough, it's not uncommon and, according to theory, is caused by blocked sweat-glands (yuk).

Being a lateral thinker, I thought I'd try a natural remedy that I did not know can be used for this application. I applied bicarbonate soda to my left arm pit after a shower; I rubbed it in the dry armpit, but most of the powder went onto the floor so I thought nothing more of it. Next day, I noticed some smell from my right arm pit so I thought I'd check the left armpit - nothing, no smell - absolutely zero!

Since then, I've applied the powder to the still damp armpits after showering and am now enjoying fresher clothing that can be worn longer than the usual day or less! Still cannot believe something as simple and as cheap as this works. There are very few articles on this treatment, which has me dumfounded.

Sorry to bring up this close-to-home hygiene issue, but anything that can help us avoid buying products that we don't really need, has to be a good thing!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.