One word answer please (Will intrest rates go up t, page-21

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    If this is the case then one would think a fair bit will come onto the property market if the rates do go another 50 points in the next few months,logically speaking.When it comes right down to it mortgage debt has to be looked at in terms of owner occupied Vs investment.If hes looking to smack the real SPENDERS of the property market,that is those investing for shorter term monetry gain,then he wont hesitate to whack em up if these are the guys that have made the most significant contribution to recent property debt.However if much of the property market debt thats been racked up in the last couple of years is owner occupied debt then yes he can be a bit more controlled with the rises based on the level of household debt we're now running at.

If it was me deciding id hold,but then im biased,ive got a mortgage.

Considering Macfarlanes recent statement re level of current rates and the fact he probably doesnt have a mortgage due to the fact he earns squillions,or he can afford a damn large one,they'll probably go up tomorrow,whoops-today.So you can change me to up gyro-sorry about that.

I'll just have to hide that credit card soon me thinks!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.