PTX 4.17% 4.6¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Evening, It's possible Thermo Fisher at some stage make a...

1. 3,870 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3205
    Evening,

It's possible Thermo Fisher at some stage make a takeover offer for PTX...

If they do it would only be under the conditions they are 100% confident that OmniCar is a viable & effective platform...Possibly boosted by their own allogeneic manufacturing program is ever successful.

If that were the case, it would have to be validation that PTX intellectual property is worth billions, not millions.

Thus I'd not be too keen to see the BOD or shareholders support any bids that didn't reflect that value.

I personally see a placement to TF as a more likely scenario.

I know TF is extremely proactive with increasing their exposure to cell therapies, so I'm not sure PTX-100 would necessarily bring about an offer..But would certainly sweeten the pot.

Yes the market conditions are challenging, I tend to agree things will get tougher before they get better.

That's why having $20m in the kitty is a great position considering macro conditions. This being said I wouldn't be upset if Peter shelved PTX-200, not out of necessity or alarm...Purely on a strategic basis to focus all resources and funds on best bang for buck at this point in time.

I'm quietly confident PTX-100 will at the very least get a registrational fast track approval in the new year...But even more quietly I think there is a good chance for PTX-100 to go to market a lot sooner than we are anticipating.

"The FDA instituted its Accelerated Approval Program to allow for earlier approval of drugs that treat serious conditions, and fill an unmet medical need based on a surrogate endpoint. A surrogate endpoint is a marker, such as a laboratory measurement, radiographic image, physical sign or other measure that is thought to predict clinical benefit but is not itself a measure of clinical benefit. The use of a surrogate endpoint can considerably shorten the time required prior to receiving FDA approval.

Drug companies are still required to conduct studies to confirm the anticipated clinical benefit. If the confirmatory trial shows that the drug actually provides a clinical benefit, then the FDA grants traditional approval for the drug. If the confirmatory trial does not show that the drug provides clinical benefit, FDA has regulatory procedures in place that could lead to removing the drug from the market."

Just retouching on OmniCar, I'm not a Dr but my best intuition is again telling me that the lack of news flow is strongly linked to the TF collaboration...It can only make sense in my mind that this possible allogeneic manufacturing process is fully investigated before any OmniCar phase 1 submission can be finalised...Nor does it make sense to spend large amounts of money on clinical trials using traditional CAR-T cell manufacturing processes via Q-Cell only to have to repeat under a possible allogeneic setting...I think we will see the preclinical data flow once the TF collaboration concludes with a decision either way.

After seeing the Penn University data using mice for OmniCar, after seeing the immunogenicity data and the most recent preclinical data showing OmniCar ability to do everything the manual says it can...I'm confident OmniCar has a brilliant future with or without TF or an allogeneic solution to improve access and affordability.

I'm putting PTX in my top draw, despite market conditions I'm rather confident that either PTX-100, OmniCar or even CellPryme is going to turn the sp on its head at some stage...I think the last placement and option expiry demonstrated a degree of financial support for PTX that frankly I don't think anyone was expecting...I knew PTX was loved but the support in troubled times revealed the company has depth to raise capital...I think the money will continue to be forthcoming when called upon.

Cheers.
    Last edited by BigDaniel: 21/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
-0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $37.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.6¢ $94.55K 2.033M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7000 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 550000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.8¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.7¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ 409565
Last updated 15.51pm 03/05/2024 ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.