ACR 1.39% 7.3¢ acrux limited

One Year Later and feeling free

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    This thread is really directed at those who were around roughly a year and gave me lots of moral support. I want to say thank you. For those who recently discovered ACR and brought under 20 cents. Well done. If I express my thoughts about ACR, you will see me as a down ramper. Comment if you like but I doubt this thread will be relevant to you. Yes I will admit that I am wrong about ACR delisting. Last year I honestly thought ACR would delist. Things did look really bad. Now it is nearly double of last year's value.

So if @stardestr0yer, @mwilson25, @piggybanks, @newB, @Slogger, @nt_1973_au and @brushup are still around. Maybe there are more I forgot from 12 months ago. Sorry if some of you want to stay away and never hear of ACR ever again. I was a bit like that for a short time.

I sold ACR shares on 21/Sept/2017. One year ago. It was 1780 shares, sold at $0.15 - 91% loss. Yes I did sell at the bottom. It was my first share purchase Mar 2014. Yes I made the classic Beginner's mistake, brought high and sold low.

Since selling, I felt liberated. Other stocks that I held during their dark days such as SPL, SXY and MYR - they recovered. SRX - I sold at 80% profit. I sold NVT just in time at break even and learnt not to hang on to a stock just for the sake of it. So I used the "same" strategy of holding, sitting tight and "hoping" that ACR would turn around, like hoping that it would return to at least $2. (My first purchase was $1.95.) Can anyone believe ACR did reached $4 once upon a time???

Not seeing ACR in my portfolio list gave me the confidence to buy stocks again. ACR, being my first stock, felt like a ball and chain and a reminder of my f#%^# up of choosing this stock. Next time I know cut my losses sooner because there was no evidence of things will get better. I missed various opportunities along the way. I kept thinking, I lost a lot, there is no point trying to do something about it now.

Now, how do I express my thoughts without of being accused of having seller's regret or being a down ramper. If I discovered ACR today, yes I would think wow. It recovered from $0.15 to near $0.30 nearly. I would question myself "have I missed the boat?" I would their Annual reports and think "Gee - their timelines are vague". I would actually admit to myself I don't understand ACR. So I won't buy. There is no real compelling story. I wouldn't know about the management. Reading the previous HC posts, I would think either these guys are negative or there must be something very wrong with ACR. I honestly cannot tell how I would react if I started looking at ACR with today's experience instead of my 2014 naive first stock pick experience. I think I would not buy ACR today. There's no real product. Axion terminating their contract last year would sound alarm bells. It was the reason why I decided a 91% loss is better for my mind than just cursing every day.

Well, I am definitely well known for expressing very negative thoughts on ACR. I would also advise anyone to stay away unless you were lucky enough to make a quick trade.  I still think that management are doing a poor job. Recent developments are just token gestures in my eyes and these should have being seriously looked at when the testoserone issues appeared. Normally I hate down rampers (especially on stocks I follow) but I do admit of being one on this stock. At least I declare my inexperience and I can safely say that no one will take any notice of my views.

One year on - I can safely say that I feel happy with having no shares in ACR. The only beginner's mistake I didn't make is I didn't put all of my eggs in one basket. So the overall impact of taking a loss with ACR was not major.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
0.001(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $21.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.3¢ 7.1¢ $9.252K 127.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 75344 7.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.3¢ 15232 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ACR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.