ACR 1.52% 6.7¢ acrux limited

This thread is really directed at those who were around roughly...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    This thread is really directed at those who were around roughly a year and gave me lots of moral support. I want to say thank you. For those who recently discovered ACR and brought under 20 cents. Well done. If I express my thoughts about ACR, you will see me as a down ramper. Comment if you like but I doubt this thread will be relevant to you. Yes I will admit that I am wrong about ACR delisting. Last year I honestly thought ACR would delist. Things did look really bad. Now it is nearly double of last year's value.

So if @stardestr0yer, @mwilson25, @piggybanks, @newB, @Slogger, @nt_1973_au and @brushup are still around. Maybe there are more I forgot from 12 months ago. Sorry if some of you want to stay away and never hear of ACR ever again. I was a bit like that for a short time.

I sold ACR shares on 21/Sept/2017. One year ago. It was 1780 shares, sold at $0.15 - 91% loss. Yes I did sell at the bottom. It was my first share purchase Mar 2014. Yes I made the classic Beginner's mistake, brought high and sold low.

Since selling, I felt liberated. Other stocks that I held during their dark days such as SPL, SXY and MYR - they recovered. SRX - I sold at 80% profit. I sold NVT just in time at break even and learnt not to hang on to a stock just for the sake of it. So I used the "same" strategy of holding, sitting tight and "hoping" that ACR would turn around, like hoping that it would return to at least $2. (My first purchase was $1.95.) Can anyone believe ACR did reached $4 once upon a time???

Not seeing ACR in my portfolio list gave me the confidence to buy stocks again. ACR, being my first stock, felt like a ball and chain and a reminder of my f#%^# up of choosing this stock. Next time I know cut my losses sooner because there was no evidence of things will get better. I missed various opportunities along the way. I kept thinking, I lost a lot, there is no point trying to do something about it now.

Now, how do I express my thoughts without of being accused of having seller's regret or being a down ramper. If I discovered ACR today, yes I would think wow. It recovered from $0.15 to near $0.30 nearly. I would question myself "have I missed the boat?" I would their Annual reports and think "Gee - their timelines are vague". I would actually admit to myself I don't understand ACR. So I won't buy. There is no real compelling story. I wouldn't know about the management. Reading the previous HC posts, I would think either these guys are negative or there must be something very wrong with ACR. I honestly cannot tell how I would react if I started looking at ACR with today's experience instead of my 2014 naive first stock pick experience. I think I would not buy ACR today. There's no real product. Axion terminating their contract last year would sound alarm bells. It was the reason why I decided a 91% loss is better for my mind than just cursing every day.

Well, I am definitely well known for expressing very negative thoughts on ACR. I would also advise anyone to stay away unless you were lucky enough to make a quick trade.  I still think that management are doing a poor job. Recent developments are just token gestures in my eyes and these should have being seriously looked at when the testoserone issues appeared. Normally I hate down rampers (especially on stocks I follow) but I do admit of being one on this stock. At least I declare my inexperience and I can safely say that no one will take any notice of my views.

One year on - I can safely say that I feel happy with having no shares in ACR. The only beginner's mistake I didn't make is I didn't put all of my eggs in one basket. So the overall impact of taking a loss with ACR was not major.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.