online bullying, page-63

1. 3,935 Posts.
    Interesting thread.

Considering my age and experience you would think that I would be immune to knock backs, bullying and abuse but not so. I still flinch when I am given a verbalising and pull back as do most people I know.

There have been two instances on HC when posters with self appointed superior knowledge and an excellent command of the language have put me resoundly in my place for disagreeing. In both cases the share prices involved are more than 50% lower than when I commented. The posters involved have never corrected their false accusations and have just drifted off or gone silent.

I can understand that when someone is loosing money they don't want their nose rubbed in it and they are often hurting financially and emotionally.

And maybe they actually believe in their statements and position very strongly. So it's not so much bullying as someone with a passionate belief who is firmly convinced that anyone not of their opinion is wrong and they are prepared to say so, no matter who they hurt.

Things change for us all so we learn to moderate our outbursts and have respect for others.

Bullies are slow learners.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.