I still buy at my local butchers, but I always fancied it'd be...

1. 28,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    I still buy at my local butchers, but I always fancied it'd be fun ordering a box of fruit and vegetables. Well, I have discovered a fantastic business which delivers to part of Melbourne and am lucky to be part of that part. They used to supply top end restaurants and, of course, had to think quickly on the feet. They buy very fresh very early in the morning (Wholesale Fruit and Veg market, Epping), and know each of their suppliers very well and have their favourites. Pumpkins and watermelon? Well, they don't cut pieces of these. You buy the entire pumpkin, ditto watermelon. lol. I have never ever experienced such freshness and there is no requirement to purchase weekly or fortnightly, just whenever you wish and select the day you want it. They stay fresh for ages anyway. I love how easy it is, particularly the non-complicated website. I look forward to my delivery of fruits and vegies from them.

Cheap, they are not. I don't mind at all.....

I've never ordered watermelon, but a pumpkin means I cook pumpkin soup when ready to do so, as whole pumpkins last well on the cold tiles of the kitchen floor until I am ready for a pumpkin soup cookathon. Baked vegies include pumpkin for a few days as well, lol. I may then not order a pumpkin again for perhaps three or four weeks, but I am cooking only for me anyway.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.