CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

only for chart believers..others pls ignore

1. 1,268 Posts.
    **Warning**- this is a long post: This is a chart update for chart believers only. Please ignore or skip this post if charts will make you squirm or you cannot afford the time to read a long post:-)

As someone who is a technical analyst or a chartist, our duty is to report the factual occurrence of what the charts and technical computations tell us. And after that, we put on our other hat as a trader or investor, and see what the market is telling us about our charts, maintaining discipline in our trading plans. It is not our duty to ramp up or down any stock, but to share what we discover so as to help one another increase personal wealth from trading or investing.

There were far more skeptics than believers today in charting than usual, with some expressing outright dismay and perhaps some contempt for charting analysis. Of course, every comment in this forum is valid( except those moderated!) and welcomed because we are here to share ideas and exchange views- a good way to support and interact as an investing community. So to each his own!

Having posted charts to this forum in more ways than one, I felt it would perhaps be pertinent for me to post one more chart to update on the price movement of CVI via the fourier transform trendline as of the close of today's trading.

While prices did not move much, we see the fourier transform trendline performed on cue to cut the zero degrees trendline today, providing a confirmation that a short cycle swing has, in fact, started. Previous short cycle swings have lasted some 3 to 10 days, which is the norm for short cycle swings for CVI resulting in varying increment in prices in the next few days.

Unless what one member said today...that "the fourier transform trendline is looking set to fail"...becomes true, it is not unexpected for prices to improve, even albeit even ever so slightly (especially if Dow continues to exert its influence by a continued drop), since this had been the norm for CVI as shown on the chart for previous short cycles.

So let's hope for the market to reveal its underlying nature and display the cycle characteristics soon.

I hope you have enjoyed this series of fourier transform trendline charts of CVI that I had regularly posted in the past few weeks. May the best prices be yours.

CVI,ASX, cycles, dascore

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.