LYC 0.50% $6.02 lynas rare earths limited

only worth about 36c, page-3

1. 3,648 Posts.
    bringiton, my post was bait - I wanted to see if anyone would a) post a reply, b) refute my statement, c) agree.

The recent lack lustre performance of LYC's sp is due, IMO, to the DOW dropping and ppl thinking the bear really is over, i.e. if the rally had continued then there could have been another suitor or some other funding might have eventuated (or at the very least the Chinese offer would be rejected as too low). Of course many (non-SH's!) probably think the sp should align with the Chinese offer and perhaps that is why the sp has turned sour?

For the record, I believe that selling LYC at 36c to the Chinese is the worst mistake/outcome possible for LYC SH's - better to go into sleep mode and wait for a GFC recovery, than give away the coy for peanuts!

Also, even though, the board will be split 50/50 with the Chairman casting the deciding vote, I am not so sure this is a good structure or that it will be in the best interests of the majority of current <\u> SH's. Of course, at this time I cannot believe any "trust us, we have your interests at heart" statements, because all I can see is the majority of the coy going O/S and eventually control of the coy going with it.

LYC is increasingly another victim of the GFC, IMO. I hope I am completely wrong, but given the skittish nature of the world markets, it doesn't look good.

Now is anyone going to refute my (dire) opinions and cheer me up?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.02
Change
-0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.627B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.93 $6.08 $5.88 $43.41M 7.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6279 $6.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.04 31762 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.