LYC 0.16% $6.17 lynas rare earths limited

Exactly freehold, I am surprised so little discussion has looked...

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    Exactly freehold, I am surprised so little discussion has looked outside the box. I would be very disappointed and surprised if LYC management is not looking at all options for disposal of the waste.If they need to, are we even certain it needs to be taken back out of Malaysia? Perhaps its just better to arrange it anyway just to ease concerns and expediate things.

I want to know how much shipping the waste out will cost if it is to happen. If its not going to dip into profits too much why not just sign up with or buy an existing business in India or somewhere easy to ship to and start making plasterboard or roadbase out of the stuff. Bringing it back to Australia as unprocesssed waste sounds expensive and complicated though not at all dangerous.

This is the frustrating thing, the crap is not dangerous, no more than any other waste coming out of a chemical plant. The radioactive issue is a complete crock. The stuff will go out of of Aus with no hazard status at all.I know this from living in Fremantle,I have made enquiries, its considered completely safe.

On the other end perhaps the refining process leaves some acid residues etc that make it a fraction more toxic (as all chem residues are to some extent) but the radiotive stuff is and will be proven again to be a complete crock.

LYC management need to think on their feet, keep educating the masses in Malaysia and ensure as few as possible future hold ups occur. To date (except for frustration and dropped SP factor) I dont think the radiation debate has held things up as the plant is not quite complete.
    But I think it will be in the next month or so and we want all this controvercy behind us well before then. We need to be open and upfront and spend time and money keeping Malaysian people informed with the facts. Its their country and if they have concerns they need to be addressed.

I am as frustrated ad the next holder by the ridiculous game playing by the opposition who must be educated enough to know they are just manipulating the less educatated with BS for their own ST political pointscoring. The fact that REEs are the cornstone of all renuables seems totally lost on them.

If you gave me 300k for a T.V campaign and I would have David Suzuki on a T.V ad standing infront of wind and solar farms saying that plentiful supply of REEs are essential to the planets future through enabling the emerging renuable energy indrustry to grow and how he has reviewed LYCs documents and in his considered scientific opinion and 50 years of experience LYCs plant if safe and world class and the sort of business he is happy to endorse. Game over.

Unfortunately I dont work for LYC P.R.

Tretch

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.17
Change
0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.767B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.22 $6.14 $10.91M 1.767M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12550 $6.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.18 124 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.