AOH 0.00% 12.0¢ altona mining limited

onwards and forward

1. 160 Posts.

Following all IMHO.

OK guys and gals, we've had a week to get over the frustration of not getting a quick bump in the price. Personally that suits me fine - I think this company has an excellent future. While some posters may have a hidden agenda in trying to talk the price down I think most were just surprised and disappointed.

AC's video has elicited some interesting responses - particularly how tired or stressed or whatever he was looking. I only heard the audio and he sounded fine and reassuring. Trying to read much into his expression/demenour is a bit like visiting the doctor and thinking your have a fatal diease because of the quizzical look on his face, when in reality he is dying to get you out the door so he can have a P.

Leading up to the final outcome we've heard (ad infinitum) about the 'canny scotsman' who would bargain hard and not sell out the company. Well guess what - backed with what must at least be a reasonable valuation, he did just that. I can imagine some of the postings if he had sold out for a song.

The bottom line is that we have a CEO who has a current track record of getting a Finnish mine and processing plant up and going, on time (more or less) and under budget (I think). This sort of credibility is very important to the Europeans. Firing alleged excess management at Finland would be very unwise, not to mention unsettling to the Europeans. I doubt it would make friends with the Finnish Government who have been very supportive. The last group I want to see backing this project are the Chinese (given their treatment of LNC and SDL to name two for example). As far as delays and uncertainties go, the Chinese may be Xtrata revisited or worse.

I think the Europeans are a reasonable bet for supporting this project and it just may be predominantly financing and offtake agreements that may still leave AOH with a majority interest.

Between us I would think that we hold a decent number of shares. Let's see how we can use this forum to advance our cause with the company and if we can get some consensus, let management know.

Clearly, how we get the money to advance this project remains to be seen, however we can postulate what the value of this company may be going forward and strategies for advancing our objectives.

I would have liked a fast buck, however I am confident that bigger bucks can come with time. Barring a disaster with metal pricing and the economy (that will affect all stocks), I reckon the downside with AOH is minimal. Of course I have been wrong before (many times according to Mrs KDropper).

Good Luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.