ABY 0.59% 85.0¢ adore beauty group limited

oops!

1. 599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    A COPPER mine in northwest Queensland has been charged with 19 offences of failing to meet its environmental obligations.

The Queensland government has charged Aditya Birla Minerals Ltd's Mount Gordon copper mine with one count of failing to improve on site water management and 18 counts of failing to comply with the Environmental Authority and to decrease the risk of environmental harm.

Department of Environment and Resource Management's acting Director of Litigation Reuben Carlos said Aditya Birla had allegedly failed to meet those requirements within set timeframes.

''The environmental protection orders included requirements for Birla to carry out investigations into its facilities, including seepage from two of its tailings dams, within a set timeframe,'' Mr Carlos said in a statement.

Mr Carlos said Birla allegedly failed to come up with action plans, timetables and costings for the rehabilitation of the mine's waste storage facilities.

All charges against Aditya Birla are due for mention in the Mount Isa Magistrates Court on August 10. The maximum penalty for each breach is $832,500.

AAP

www.news.com.au/aditya-birla-mine-in-nw-queensland-facing-environment-charges/story-e6freoof-1225897716197#ixzz0v1PqXhGz

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
85.0¢
Change
0.005(0.59%)
Mkt cap ! $79.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
83.5¢ 85.0¢ 82.0¢ $10.45K 12.66K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8049 80.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
85.0¢ 61627 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ABY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.