GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

oops!, page-14

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi Biggle’s and all,

I was indeed referring to that specific group. Make the adjustments for true inflation and see just how well things are going.

Just to put this in simple terms.

Andy’s first wage as an apprentice in the UK six pounds per week. Price of a pint of beer two shilling’s so I could buy 60 pints of beer for a week’s work. (Tradesperson wage at the time around GBP 20.00 per week. Or 200 pints.))

Today a beer in the UK around four pounds a pint 60 pints will cost about GBP 240.00.

Now when the 21 million Poms on minimum wages get their pay rise in November if they can find 40 hours of work they will be able to buy themselves around 65 pints of beer. Also please remember I was an apprentice earning well below the minimum wage to boot!

1. www.wolvestuc.org.uk/.../301-national-minimum-wage-rates-increase-1s...
    adult hourly rate of the minimum wage will increase from £6.31 to £6.50 ... The Living Wage is £7.65/hour outside London.; this will be updated in November 2014 ... -71% of UK employees – 21 Million workers – report that their wages have ...

Now instead of reading Playboy in the toilets down in the baggage hall check out how many beers and ounce of Gold would buy say in 1971 and today for comparison.

Those that don’t understand the secret tax called inflation or recent history probably deserve what’s coming soon to them. By the way I’m only talking about general inflation at this point hyper-inflation is a whole other kettle of fish!

Cheers and very best regards: Andy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.