CTP 2.04% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

ooramina2, page-11

1. 6,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2506
    Yes, but the important word is 'could.' If the structure is as big as it seems to be and is fully gas-charged, a horizontal well with multi-stage frac is a tantalising possibility.

Put it this way - in the US right now, a gas accumulation the size of Ooraminna that flowed at 150Mcfd from a(deviated) vertical would have been a cause for celebration. Classic tight gas.

There are still a lot of ifs and buts, we have no idea if the stress regime is right for fraccing for a start. But odds are good that current North American drilling technology and techniques could get economic flow rates from Ooraminna as long as it is big enough to justify hooking it up via a pipeline to the Cooper.

JW I am not so sure about because I think it was a residual oil column rather than a tight reservoir. CTP has said it was sited in a transition zone. Unless they didn't drill crestally, there appears limited opportunity for horizontal drilling because the problem isn't tight reservoir, it's low saturation. So increasing flow rates just means you increase the flow of water.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ $3.156K 63.11K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 891 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 159438 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.43pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.