CTP 6.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

beneath,Short answer is - probably not.The options will probably...

1. 1,987 Posts.
    beneath,

Short answer is - probably not.

The options will probably stop trading by about Wednesday next week (maybe Friday but that would be the absolute latest). That means, that if your "hope" is to be able to sell the options you are almost certainly out of luck. We are not likely to get any sort of news that would lift the share price up to or over 25c by next week so there are not likely to be buyers at anything more than 0.1 of a cent and those are likely to be few and far between.

If you are looking to convert them, then there is a slightly higher chance, based purely on the fact that you have about an additional 5 days (counting the weekend) for something to be discovered and announced. Even then, you will not see the share price over 25c and you would probably have to make the decision to convert them while they are actually out of the money, and hope that turns out to be a good choice. Clearly, you would not do that unless you paid a significant amount for the options and you were not willing to lose that amount. If you converted them and at some point in the future you are able to sell the options for a price that recovers both your initial options purchase costs as well as your conversion costs, then I suppose you could look at it and say that you haven't lost anything. But it seems rather pointless to me.

It is almost certain that you would be better off in taking the loss on your options (and understanding that if they expire without you exercising them, you are NOT entitled to claim a capital loss on your options purchase costs) and use the "conversion" money to buy either CTPO or CTP.

Isn't it frustrating to realise that just 10 days or so earlier spud on O2 and there would have been some "hope" for CTPOA, but not now.

Cheers

Badfish

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.003(6.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ $8.576K 158.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 64939 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.