Open a bank account in Singapure

1. 1,018 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    Hi guys, so to put you into situation I'm from Spain but currently i'm living in China for the last 4 years. Since the first couple of months when I arrived here I changed my tax residence to China and abandon the Spanish one (cause I was going to be more than 186 days out of Spanish national territory)

Now I'm thinking of opening a bank account in Singapure due to tax benefits for the profits from stock market.

I wonder if anyone on this forum has moved to Singapure on a work or student VIsa/pass in order to open a bank account and who is legally living in the country for at least 186 days so everything is 100% legal.

My question is.... It is so simply as it seems? You just register at a university, they accept you, you apply for the visa, you fly to the country, sign the rent for an appartment, you go to the bank with all this info and you open a bank account. Then, can you already pass the money from your broker to your bank account in Singapure? Does this account expire? If I then want to send the money back to my country, Will I have problems? (I mean back to Spain)

I know this is an Australian forum and that is even better due to the proximity with Singapure.
    Someone who is doing this legally can enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ggghhh: 29/12/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.