GBE 3.51% 5.5¢ globe metals & mining limited

open letter to mark

1. 1,258 Posts.
    Hi Mark,

when I read about the trading halt I had hoped that you management guys
    re-negotiated the unfavourable ECE deal but after the release I was disappointed
    that you were just able to negotiate an 18% rise in the 'take over' price that
    was so ridiculously low that I can't even laugh about it.

Just as a reminder; two years ago Thuthuka was willing to pay .55$/share
    for a 25% stake in the Kanyika project. This means no control of the project
    and even more important no control of the company.

In midst 2009 no one has ever heard about the high potential Machinga
    REE project; 2009 we have been in the financial crises with little perspective
    and very low commodity prices but an investor was willing to pay a fair price
    for a 25% stake in our company building project. If you apply the much higher commodity
    prices, the massive rise of sentiment and the fact the a 25% in a project is less
    worth than a 51% stake in the company, that brings you into the drivers seat.
    So a fair price just for the Kanyika project is somewhere near the 1$ mark per share
    and I'm sure you know about that fact. If you add a fair surplus for Machinga and the
    other partly explored and/or drilled projects, you end up at a valuation base in the
    area of 1.25$-1.50$/share. The RCR research that is paid by GBE comes to a fair
    value of 1.25$ per share at a .50$/share equity financing and with unfavourable A$/US$ exchange ratio and non adapted commodity prices.

Considering this facts it is unbelievable that you are trying to sell our company
    to the Chinese at such a discount with .405$/share. You can't trust the Chinese and they will
    probalby just shelve the Kanyika project and we won't participate in the development
    at all. It is pretty easy to direc back the 48m $ back into Chinese treasuries.
    We will have no longer control about our company and the Chinese could even
    delist the shares or buy out the projects with a 51% stake. I can't understand
    that you expose the shareholders - you are responsible for - to such a risk.
    Although you have an 8% stake in GBE this is no argument at all because we
    small shareholders are not able to negotiate 'golden-parachute' type deals.
    Being honest I dislike the part of the recent interview published in the SMH
    where you defend yourself by saying "I have 8 m shares by my own". Of course
    you have but you only paid .0985$/share on average and you have received 3.21m
    performance shares that are dependent on BFS and start of production of the
    Kanyika project. I'm pretty sure that ECE would pay a reasonable amount
    for such performance shares just for their self-motivation -:)-

My major problem with the deal is the total lack of information. ECE has not
    committed themselves to a certain timeline to bring Kanyika into production.
    They havn't provided any information about their specific intentions and their
    strategy for GBE. Will they install a new CEO, who will run the company and
    will GBE be further listed at the ASX. Will they keep the 48m A$ in the company
    and will they provide further assistance and why are they not interested in a 50% stake
    in the Kanyika project (asset deal) rather than GBE as a company (share deal).

I think that my concerns and lack of confidence is representative for most
    shareholders in GBE and therefore you should address our point of view
    and should start to behave like a CEO for all shareholders and to provide us
    with accurate information and to explain the .405$ to us.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.002(3.51%)
Mkt cap ! $38.02M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.5¢ $4.4K 80K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4372 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 158757 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.04am 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.