"There's something like 6,000 available operating hours in a...

1. 33,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1625
    "There's something like 6,000 available operating hours in a year"
    I use 8000 hours in my calculations that still allows for 9% downtime compared with 32% downtime for 6000 hours , plants seem to be able to run at 90% uptime maybe rolling machinery (trackless) has a lower uptime ?

Agree with your point on sequential mine design needs to be fleshed out even for scoping studies, it also allows for a better understanding of the difference between the IRR and NPV , ie not much good having an operation with a great 60% IRR if however the NPV comes in at only close to CAPEX due the the years 3 through 10 then mine only breaking even

"Hey presto! Cutbacks! These allow capital repayments and operating costs to be scheduled appropriately, improving the NPV of the operation."
    Are you inferring to do the cutbacks at a later stage when working capital/improved mineral price/time value of money allows it ?
    I am holding BBX shares , as a Geo you would probably run a mile from them given they have no JORC method of evaluating their ore however I feel with some miners one has to look at the big picture and sometimes geos are too focused on having everything exact maybe why often Geos fail as MDs when a company transitions from being an explorer to a miner ,that and spending too much time on exploration rather than mining

I guess you are in Mexico mucho gracius for sharing your knowledge .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.