Thank you Jezzathegeo for giving such great posts. I have been...

1. 2,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1640
    Thank you Jezzathegeo for giving such great posts. I have been wondering about the recent advances in geophysics and how to interpret the data they provide. In particular, IP data provides information on the sulfides undercover which often agrees with magentic and gravity anomalities. At that point it all gets very exciting for the explorers and shareholders. Then the drill cores give plenty of sufides in the images of sections. So excitement increases. But the analysis from the lab reveals that it is mainly iron sulfide (without good grades of copper sulfide or nickel sulfide as was hoped). The disappointment causes explorers to change the drilling program (go directly at the anomaly) or give up on the anomaly. I am wondering, is the geophysics being misunderstood? Could it be that the IP, magnetic and gravity is indicating the feeder (which is rich in iron sulfides) but missing the ores which are transported beyond the anomaly to faults (and rocks which accummulate metals). Perhaps the IP, magnetics and gravity do not pick up the richer veins or lodes of metals. Also, is there a sequence for the transport of metals away from sulfide intrusions. For example, SEDEX and VMS deposits in Australia have areas where lead & zinc are deposited, and other areas where copper and gold are deposited. Any opinions on the transpot/deposition and usefulness of different types of modern geophysics would be of great interest and much appreciated, amigo.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.