open system theory applied to evolution., page-227

1. 24,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    "If you believe in God, good and well, but IMO you should leave science to the scientists, those without an inbuilt bias that must play an integral part of any resulting conclusions.

As soon as you include bias into any given conclusion or theory then you enter the realm of pseudoscience or philosophy and cannot be contemplated as true science in any way."

Agreed, but as there are NO unbiased scientists in this debate then it's a moot point. Dawkins summed it up quite nicely: "An atheist before Darwin could have said, following Hume: "I have no explanation for complex biological design. All I know is that God isn't a good explanation, so we must wait and hope that somebody comes up with a better one." I can't help feeling that such a position, though logically sound, would have left one feeling pretty unsatisfied, and that although atheism might have been logically tenable before Darwin, Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist.
    -- Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker (1986), page 6"

So the 'belief' or faith (or desire) that 'God isn't a good explanation precedes the acceptance of evolution.

Einstein summed it up quite nicely too: "It has often been said, and certainly not without justification, that the man of science is a poor philosopher."

And given the population is mostly too dumb to be able to discern science from philosophy they are easy pickings.

"If your wondering why it upsets me then I refer to our current Religious conservatives that occupy government who clearly have waged war on such godless scientific thinking, the first thing they did was get rid of the minister for Science."

Was that Tim Flannery? Cos fundy zealots shouldn't be in charge of science? Also, this topic came up in 'general' this morning so I'll copy what I wrote there "Seems like it's just a follow up to the war on intelligence that has been going on for the last 100 years. I mean if 'scientists' are dumb enough to think that this is simply a Tony Abbot thing then there's not much hope for any of them.

The global dumbing-down starts in schools through government policy and is simply perpetuated by them in other areas, like removing funding from the CSIRO, NASA etc while spending billions and billions on bad debt, war, bankster bailouts and useless jet fighters.

So who amongst you keeps voting for the labour/liberal paradigm at every single election?

Well done, you got what you asked for, stop complaining or start doing something different."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.