open system theory applied to evolution., page-241

1. 6,581 Posts.
    .y.

My mother was clinically dead three times on an operating table. Her experience was to rise above the event to watch the entire procedure. One of those out of body events. Like you it scared the shit out of her. Every time she recounted it later she broke into hysterical crying. She saw her long dead father standing in the corner of the room, and though she called out to him he would not answer and offered only a gentle smile. Not bad for a card carrying atheist with no belief whatsoever in an afterlife.

A dear friend who died of stomach cancer at the age of 34 was operated on several years earlier and during the operation he had an experience, kind of out of body, but he was visited by an entity that told him he had but a short time and he needed to find, for want of a better description, the meaning of life.

He was manic in his attempts to find this so called meaning. It overwhelmed his life. Spent time in dozens of splinter and mainstream religious groups, went back to Uni, got involved with Buddhism and meditation, drove his family mad. He did find what he was looking for, but that's another story.

So .y., death may not necessarily be as simple as nothingness. An out of body experience suggests our persona likely survives the decomposition of the body. Your experience was simply your experience.

Off subject I know, I do apologise.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.