open system theory applied to evolution., page-45

1. 27,550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    ababab

This take on the Second Law of Thermodynamics in my view over simplifies the law to the extent that it draws incorrect conclusions about the law. It ignores the open and closed systems concept that is vital to the validity of the law.

The earth is not a closed system as it receives energy from the sun and so it (the earth) experiences examples of decreased entropy - the solar system (practically a closed system) in total experiences an increase in entropy (or chaos).

I Looked up who Henry M Morris is to check his background,

Henry M Morris

Is this the person that you were referring to?

If this is the right person then I think that he also established the Institute for Creation Research (ICR)

Extract:

The Institute for Creation Research (ICR) is a Christian apologetics institute in Dallas, Texas that specializes in education, research, and media promotion of creation science and Biblical creationism. The ICR adopts the Bible as an inerrant and literal documentary of scientific and historical fact as well as religious and moral truths, and espouses a Young Earth creationist worldview.[3] It rejects evolutionary biology, which it views as a corrupting moral and social influence and threat to religious belief.[4] The ICR was formed by Henry M. Morris in 1972 following an organizational split with the Creation Science Research Center (CSRC).[5]

The statement that it (CSRC) rejects evolutionary biology, as a corrupting moral and social influence and threat to religious belief, in my opinion describes the reason for the stand taken on the second law of thermodynamics and evolution.

I also think that the Wikipedia article on Henry M Morris makes an interesting read.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.