UNV 0.00% 16.0¢ universal coal plc

Open the cash tap, page-37

1. 4,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Well that's the issue it's always been, as it's thinly traded by definition technicals are a little more harder to judge with low volume.

We do need more volume to confirm, but I don't know if we've had a decent consolidation post leg up.. i think a few more days of 12.5c-14c churning will probably occur. I was hoping of course we hit 15.5c or so today, which would've probably triggered some temporary selling to take us back with reasonable price limits e.g. within bollinger bands levels.

I wouldn't count on general coal sentiment changing just yet as I think even if the coal story re: india, south east asia etc does eventuate, it wont be in the next 6 months. I think our next impetus (not to state the obvious) but will be NCC , Roodekop, and whatever else we can dow ith the increased Kangala capacity.

Let's not forget a potential to rerate and also the need to continue Kangala's current operational efficiencies. SO far so good but I wouldn't relax just yet until a full yr without a hitch.

Still personally i dont like keeping mortgages so I would hope UNV makes good progress with cashflow to reinvest or personally repay that debt to shore up our balance sheet.

From a technical POV do you believe the 20c mark is a strong enough resistance/support line? I assume you're drawing this conclusion from the nov 2011 to may 2012'ish price action?

Just noticed it closed down at 13.5c, which is disappointing

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.