BZI 0.00% 16.5¢ brainz instruments limited

opening post: ground floor entry, going up

1. 179 Posts.
    BZI make monitors that track the condition of a patient's brain, continuously at the bedside. Developed in New Zealand they have a partnership with the 1000lb gorrilla of devices GE.

Their gross margins are more than AUD10,000 a unit and they have an 86% take-up rate of their sales model which sees them offer their product for a trial for a two month period.

They have approvals in the US, Europe, and Australasia.

The CEO is an ex-NZ cricket test player who is also a medical doctor and has an MBA, and he's still under 40.

Floated by JT Campbell this company has sensational prospects of blowing away their forecast sales - forecasts that having them recomeding a buy up to $1.00, but still presenting a strong value proposition at $1.50. At 50c currently, they are back at their float price having shot up to the mid 60's soon after listing.

I have posted the research notes on share sc ene. com and encourage you to have a look at them.

Pending announcements are likely to relate to the ramp up of trials in the USA and UK - one's that I expect will blow forecasts away - and also related to a new deal with GE that extends the term of the relationship.

I am well and truely set on this stock, so am unashamaby spruiking it. But it's a great story with a great team behind it.

The main risk: overhang. Tru-test, a troubled NZ electronics manufacturer, owns about 60% of BZI. However I do not see them selling their shares - more likely they'll do an in-specie distribution to their 400 shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BZI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.