AFG 0.72% $1.38 australian finance group ltd

opening price tomorrow. i think low nineties. , page-3

1. 3,062 Posts.
    the only thing you need to consider is FUNDAMENTALS.

the flaw in afg old model was its reliance on what historically was readily available credit in the form of relatively short term finance.

the new model might not be as exciting but if one considers the FUNDAMENTALS of ROE% compared to the closing sp, then future EPS in say 2010 could be 50% OF THE CLOSING PRICE TODAY. I AM NOT MAKING PREDICTIONS,just creating some perspective, this is to my mind an opportunity to buy a well managed company with a substantial history of success, opportunities like this are rare.

my personal losses on rhg and afg in the course of the meltdown are substantial , however carefull consideration of the actions of kinghorn in relation to rhg lead me to beleive in his integrity, likewise for coe they share a common passion for afg---the quality of management is essential---these are very substantial reasons i bought back a heavily discounted afg with the remnants of a decimated trading account.averaging down the big no no,and a little judicious conservative trading .

i beleive the potential for reward on this stock after considering ROE% of current SP to be outstanding and once the selldown of noncore assets is substantiated we will move to BLUE SKY FOR 2008 AND BEYOND.

AFTER ALL IF THE COMPANY IS TURNING A DOLLAR THIS WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE SP-----just look at abs, basket case or turnaround but masterly and fine management by eddy and the abs team.

AFG HAVE FINE MANAGEMENT A GREAT TEAM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.38
Change
-0.010(0.72%)
Mkt cap ! $373.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.40 $1.41 $1.38 $398.2K 285.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12254 $1.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.39 15493 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.