I ended up opening an account with Amscot. I've been with them...

1. 22,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1375
    I ended up opening an account with Amscot. I've been with them since October last year and have transferred everything to that account now. So far I've found them to be great, they only offer IRESS trader officially but if you ask them they will enable viewpoint for you at no additional cost - $88 a month or free if you spend $220 in brokerage for the month

Brokerage I'm paying just 0.066% or $33 whichever is greater and they bulk orders so if i place 5 small buy orders in a stock in the one day, i only pay brokerage on the value of the 5 combined. I think the number is $37,500 for order size where that rate is the one to choose. If you trade smaller size then the brokerage of 0.088% or $11 whichever is greater is the one that will work out cheapest. Heaps cheaper than Commsuck!

They are a full chess sponsored broker so you hold the shares in your name, no dodgy brothers stuff and linked into sharesight for easy accounting if you use that.

So far their platform has not let me down, always online, EVERY order goes straight into the market regardless of size - they do have some automatic filters but I've not triggered any. This was my key reason for changing away from Commsec after they screwed me too many times by holding up orders for "authorising", the other stuff is just a bonus

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.