LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

Operational and business concerns matter.

1. 6,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1011
    An number of important operational concerns are being sidelined by chatter, not just here.

Lynas just had another decent quarter, but there are several items about which their silence just keeps getting louder.

(1) Apatite (AP) ore forms a significant and most-likely increasing proportion of their stated reserves.  Where is the progress on processing?  Where are the plans to realize its economic value?  They tell us a capex investment in a "pre-flotation stage" is required, but why no further communication?
    (2) Long term storage concerns are a crisis-in-waiting.  Suggestions that they are keeping their head down for political expedience during the present election does not explain why the Condisoil approval process came to a complete standstill long before the election was called.  So, why no communication on waste management strategies?
    (3) Long term contracts.  A big bash over Bosch has been followed by a big nothing, despite intimations that two more would be completed months ago.  Why no communication?

None of these are minor issues.
    After a long period of demand restriction and oversupply, everything needs to be done to provide assurances of long term business sustainability and supply security, which are critical to bolstering industry confidence in REE-based tech and REE prices.  I am really hoping to hear some progress on each of these in the next quarterlies.

But let's not talk about issues or risks, right? (wtf?)

I am also a long-time proponent of assessing market demand by identifying and following relevant trends and drivers.  As an investor, I've provided clear and rational explanations for my positions; e.g., why 48VMH are a net negative to Lynas; why wind turbines are on the cusp of a new surge; why EV infrastructure investments are key; why more efficient use of REEs (less demand per motor or per kW) is beneficial to Lynas and so on.  Now, discussions of such have been declared "off topic" and I'm shouted down by people speaking unintelligible Chinese who offer no rationale whatsoever for their relevance to my investment.  LOL, AYFKM?

I would change my sentiment to HOLD, but Lynas's speechlessness is matched by its peerlessness and the demand is building nicely. Off the record, I'm watching the Geely ROW roll-out closely.
    Last edited by Chemist1959: 27/04/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.070(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $5.813B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.21 $6.22 $6.07 $13.54M 2.193M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12000 $6.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.22 12273 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.