GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

operational update — srh -5h continues produci, page-5

1. 3,989 Posts.
    As I mentioned the new techniques being used,here is a little from an article i had sent to me.

Enhanced recovery techniques have also played a prominent role in extending Permian resources. Typically, primary production may leave 80 to 90 percent of oil unrecovered. More oil can be recovered with secondary recovery via waterflooding, but may still leave 50 to 70 percent of the oil trapped. Tertiary recovery using CO2 flooding to further increase the productive life of existing fields has been extensive in the Permian. In fact, more than half of the CO2 projects in the U.S. are found in the Permian.

Infrastructure has also been, and continues to be, integral in moving increased production to market. Reversal of the Longhorn Pipeline, expansion of the Permian Express Pipeline, the proposed BridgeTex Pipeline, and the soon-to-be-operational West Texas Gulf Pipeline are just some of the projects aiming to move more Permian output eastward to Gulf Coast refineries instead of Cushing, Okla.

Projects like these, along with those such as the reversal of the Seaway Pipeline between Cushing and the Houston area, are all designed to ease the buildup of crude at Cushing that has been spurred by the Bakken’s success and the increasing availability of Canadian crude. The expansion of natural gas processing capacity has also been a priority in the Permian.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.