opes and anz and publicity, page-58

1. 47,623 Posts.
    pat done and others,
    The only reason I got involved in this thread in the first place was that as an ANZ shareholder I was reading a lot of comments not favourable to ANZ to say the least.
    There have been many comments from affected people saying they didn't agree to transfer their shares to ANZ, that they thought they owned the shares, that they weren't shorting shares, that they only invested in blue chip shares etc etc etc.
    All that might be true but it also might not.

The only material I have placed on this thread is that able to be read on the OPES website itself, and from the link you posted. These aren't anything I have invented.

That material makes it very clear what is required of someone wanting to invest (shares have to be transferred to ANZ nominees or cash provided to OPES as collateral) and what happens if OPES goes insolvent. It also clearly states that OPES doesn't provide investment advice and that prospective investors must get their own advice.

Did they seek out and obtain this independent financial advice?

How did they not know they would be an unsecured creditor even though it is clearly outlined in the Risks section?

How did they believe they still owned the shares they supposedly bought when it clearly states that ANZ Nominees owns them, that they agree the transfer is clear of any obligation, lein, charge etc, and that the borrower gives up all rights to dividends etc?

No answers given just personal insults and derogatory comments about me asking them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.