ANZ 0.36% $29.06 anz group holdings limited

sibby, interesting IP address???, but in response to your post...

1. 10,373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    sibby, interesting IP address???, but in response to your post wherein you ask:
    "why is anz/hotcopper so protective of the postings about Opes? Don't seem to notice it anywhere else like this on other stocks. It is just an observation."

1. Let me repeat yet again - ANZ has absolutely no input into the moderation process of posts on HC.

2. Not sure what you mean by "protective of the postings about Opes", so I will give a broad response.

a) The Opes issue is highly emotive and contentious, with many people facing the prospect of losing substantial sums of money.
    b) The issue is still before the courts, and as such members need to be careful of what they post so as not to mislead other members.
    c) Similarly, boards such as HC provide people a vehicle to purposely further their own ulterior and questionable motives - using proxy IP servers is a dead giveaway!
    d) The moderators act in the best interests of HC - if a post (on any stock thread) even hints at the possibility of defamation then the post will be moderated.

Finally, mixed in with the above their are two groups of HC members - those only interested in OPES and need to use the ANZ thread to communicate, and those that are more interested in ANZ overall.

We (the mods) try to give each group their own freedom to use the boards of HC to discuss their interests. Hence the request to members to make any OPES related new thread very clear.

In all reality, and being the main moderator of threads on this issue, I extend members a lot more latitude than I would normally apply to posts on other stocks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.