ANZ 0.59% $28.82 anz group holdings limited

opes legal action

1. 490 Posts.
    Some comments have been made suggesting that ANZ's move to strike out the S&G class action as a sign that ANZ are going to vigourously contest this process and never settle.

I am not sure. Much is also made of various client lawyers just looking after their own interests and seeking large fees from protracted litigation.

But .... what about the ANZ lawyers? Does anyone think they wouldn't love to fight all of these class actions for the next ten years!?

I have to seek advice from commercial lawyers fairly often and most of the time they appear to be trying their level best to mess up the commercial interests of the company. Management needs to take this conservative and agressive advice and decide what to do with it.

ANZ management should think very carefully before going down the road of taking all their lawyers advice and nit-picking for ages.

Of course, if the S&G action is badly put together then shame on them, and ANZ should have it thrown out. This seems unlikely, though. It may be the case that they want to halt the discovery process before mass graves of skeletons are dug up.

Basically, Mike Smith should get back to his holistic plan, quickly.

Very interesting couple of weeks coming up. I hope the mods appreciate that this is crunch time and allow us to speak on all the Opes related matters with relative freedom.

KR, Jenny and co. are mst welcome to their opinios too. Just keep them level headed and above the belt and we can all co-exist happliy in our little Blog-land.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.82
Change
0.170(0.59%)
Mkt cap ! $86.67B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.80 $28.98 $28.71 $124.9M 4.337M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11327 $28.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.83 10021 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.