ANZ 0.18% $28.24 anz group holdings limited

Hoobadriver, your statement, "It's either take this 37c or waste...

1. 7,289 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2661
    Hoobadriver, your statement, "It's either take this 37c or waste more valuable time in the hipe of getting a better return" deserves some response.

Frankly, if S&G and IMF are willing to sell out for legal fees and a few million dollars, then I would be pretty annoyed as one of their clients. As was pointed out by Charles Sweeney SC in his submission to the Court this month, both groups went too early in terms of attempted litigation and they went against the advice of the Liquidator. [Did anyone else read the 50 page submission this month by Lavan Legal (IMF)to the Court. Finkelstein seemed to dismiss it out of hand]They seem to have wasted their time and money, and now seem awfully keen to just recoup that and run for the hills. The liquidator seems terribly keen also to deal with S&G and IMF via this dispensation. Gee, I wonder why?

I have been with the Sweeneys from word go, and thank goodness for that. I cannot speak too highly of their capabilities, and I am 100% certain they are acting for the right reasons. I see no conflicts of interest; something which abounds with almost every other group, the liquidator and a few others, it seems to me.

They (the Sweeneys) told me right from day 1, that this would require patience, and they were correct.

The ANZ are in a very bad place with this and they know it. The liquidator & their lawyers wants their $10m in fees badly - you can bank on that. Seems like IMF and S&G want their fees badly also. Not too good for the poor old victims is it !!!! I suspect ASIC just want this to go away. The Ruddster has bent over backwards to help the majors; as if he wants ASIC to tear the ANZ apart over significant and numerous breaches of the Corporations Act.

If you think you are being sold down the river, and believe that this so-called scheme is the Bank's way of getting out of this very very cheaply, I would strongly think about seeking alternative advice.

Since when does the party, who is completely in the wrong make their best offer up front. NEVER!!!!!

I would also remind you that this offer is not directly to the client creditor. This is between the Bank and the Liquidator. There is absolutely zero certainty under this scheme of the client creditor getting 1c. It is completely contrived in my view, and designed to "get rid" of IMF and S&G, and wear us down.

Have a nice day. This has a long way to go. The Judge is well aware of the concept of fairness. Personally, I am seeing this the whole way through. These people have destroyed me in the short term. They are not going to get out of this for peanuts. I am very aware that fighting a losing battle is a waste of time, energy and money. This is not a losing battle. There are many forces at work here to shut "us" down, before we even get to the battleground. Good luck to them. Go your hardest. You have no idea the strength of conviction amongst the aggrieved. We are not going anywhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.24
Change
-0.050(0.18%)
Mkt cap ! $84.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.42 $28.55 $28.20 $113.8M 4.027M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 43579 $28.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.25 5912 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.