JKA 0.00% 0.3¢ jacka resources limited

opinion on jka from a different forum

1. 19 Posts.
    Hi. I don't own Jacka but I thought you guys might find the following thoughts I picked up from a different forum worthwhile:

"Kinda shows how easy it is to get into mechanical monkey issues with having pumped away all kinds of LCM and drilled solids into the fractures. At least it having been an horizontal well they did not have the added insult of pumping away a cement chaser after all that drilling mud!

Those surge rates are really not to be taken seriously as with gasified mud conditions the actual liquid flow rates become hard to assess as the gassy mud expands on its voyage up hole displacing the overlying fluids at faster apparent rates than they would do so under stable flow conditions. (So you get these gas burps and "false high flow" rates on every burp and hiccough).

Taking the numbers from the actual flows you get an apparent flow rate of something between about 275-400 bfpd (barrels of fluid per day) - a number range that will be increased as the drilling "brines" recovered are much heavier than oil and so yield lower flows - but that is also affected by the gas burps that will have exaggerated the flow rates - so stable rates could be less?

What this information tells me is that for this Hammamet West-3 well test the expected final stable flow rates of formation crude oil is likely to be around the 300-350 bopd range. It could of course be much higher if the formation fractures are really badly plugged with LCMs and drill solids AND if the planned acidizing can get beyond that damage and allow free formation fluid flow back into the wellbore from beyond the damaged zones? (It - the well bore - is acting badly damaged from the way I read those tea leaves...)

However it appears that before they get to find that out they (Jacka et al) have to dig themselves out the situation that they find themselves in - firmly planted in their own drilling muck! (Remember that the best way to get out of trouble on a horizontal well is not to get into it in the first place...)

Looking on the plus side:
    1) They found move-able live medium gravity oil (with significant solution gas) in the fractured Abiod chalks.
    2) They (Jacka et al) seem to have a proven thick HC column."

GreatSwami

All the best to you folks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JKA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.