opinion on ponting, page-4

1. 447 Posts.
    I have to agree with both responses thus far....I wondered how many responses it would be until someone asked, "who else is there?", and given it was the very first response I can't help but think that it is the main reason that he has maintained the captaincy. Again his skill is unquestionable, however so was Tendulkar, but he captained for less than 30% of his career, Lara, similar, and we all know what happened to Warne, who, as mentioned, was not only a brilliant, legal actioned, spin bowler, but possessed a brilliant cricketing acumen....

So as for a possible replacement, there would only really be two options at this time....Hussey and Clarke....

My opinion, despite Hussey being a fantastic cricketer and possessing a superior cricketing mind, he's too old, and would have insufficient time to impose himself on world cricket.....

Clarke....even though he's the obvious choice, I believe your just replacing him with a younger version of Ponting......so who???

Katich might be an option, the smokey...I believe he possesses, like Hussey, a formidable cricketing mind, but more so the passion that throws back to Border and Waugh....but like Hussey, he's closer to the end than the start....

so who????

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.