MYR 2.12% 80.8¢ myer holdings limited

Opinions on future, page-89

1. 978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Guys - it doesn't need a please explain - it has 2 big obvious reasons for the share price fall:

1. It's the most shorted stock on the market at 16 - 18%
    2. It's now fallen out of the S&P100, triggering the superfunds and other mandated funds to have to sell the stock.

From a shareholders perspective, these are both short term reasons for the share price to fall. 6 months from now there may no longer be so many shorters and Myer could perhaps be back in the top 100 causing it to rise back up again.

You all need to remember that the business is not fundamentally 'screwed'. It has stable revenues, despite being flat. It has remodeled some stores, has consistently come up with new initiatives, has increased it's online abilities - and done all this while in one of the worst retail climates in recent memory.

I think department stores are potentially reaching their used-by date, however Myer seems to be doing well to keep revenues where they are. Some good news out of Christmas sales will do wonders for the stock, and within weeks we could see a reversal. However at this price, I really don't think there is too much further to fall.

Hang in there guys, it's not a complete dog just yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.8¢
Change
-0.018(2.12%)
Mkt cap ! $671.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
82.0¢ 83.5¢ 80.0¢ $441.4K 542.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 11440 80.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
81.0¢ 20282 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.50pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.