CCU 0.00% 5.8¢ cobar consolidated resources limited

opinions??, page-2

1. 3,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1806
    There is no such thing as a safe bet on the Stockmarket, but this has to be pretty close to it. Commissioning of the plant is due in December. The project is running to schedule. In mining, getting a development up and running on time is pretty much unheard of. So, even if the mine is up in running in Feb/March, I'll be happy.

The downside risk is that the resource is not extended beyond the initial 5 year life. However, I attended a Melbourne Mining Club lunch last year, where life of mines was discussed. Pretty much every mine that is commissioned runs far longer than initially expected. Why? Because initial resources are defined by drilling, which only takes a small snapshot of the ground. As the mine is exploited the resource gets better defined.

Then you have the issue of grade economics, as the price of the metal increases, the cut off grade decreases.

The other downside risk is the price of silver goes through the floor. But, at $35 an ounce, the mine will be paid back in less than a year. This is one of those stocks that I'll hold on to and wait for the dividend cheques.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.