BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

OPMD Grant?

1. 536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    NEUROMUSCULAR RESEARCH PARTNERSHIP

It seems like numerous advocacy groups are helping fund many biotech companies research projects.

I believe we might get a grant or funding for our OPMD program.

I found work done by Francois Bachand who appears to have received funding for his OPMD work .

The Neuromuscular Research Partnership supports the following research projects (listed in alphabetical order by investigator surname).
    Characterization of a novel function for PABPN1: the product of the oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy disease gene

(2010-2015)
    François Bachand, PhD
    Université de Sherbrooke

Dr. François Bachand
    Oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy (OPMD) is an adult-onset form of the disease that, while found worldwide, affects French Canadian and Jewish populations more frequently. Symptoms include drooping eyelids, difficulty swallowing, and limb weakness. The genetic mutation responsible for OPMD is known, but nothing is known about the underlying mechanism by which the mutation causes OPMD. Dr. Bachand and his team are investigating the function of the responsible gene, called PABPN1. Their work could address why OPMD is limited to specific muscles and open the way to new treatments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.