MVP 1.25% 40.5¢ medical developments international limited

Opportunities for MVP in the current climate

1. 159 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    The current pandemic is likely to delay timelines and reduce short term sales of Penthrox. However, I believe there are significant opportunities for MDI to expand their business at this time.

A reduction in sports etc will limit prehospital use of Penthrox in the short term. However, there are opportunities for increased use in Emergency Departments and hospital assessment areas. I believe Australian hospitals will increase Penthrox use during their pandemic response (resources will be stretched thin and Penthrox is an S4 drug which is much less labour-intensive than S8 drugs such as morphine which require significant documentation and security).

The bigger opportunity lies in spacers.

Hospitals and ambulances worldwide are ceasing use of almost all nebulised drugs due to risk of infection transmission. This is causing a massive shift to demand for spacers. There are widespread shortages already. Hopefully MDI can capitalise and secure longer-term contracts. It is likely that the move from nebulisers to spacers will be long-term. MDI also appear to produce a disposable cardboard spacer, which should be able to be produced rapidly in large quantities + deployed to large markets in USA / Europe.

I'm sure MDI are aware and hoping they have the sales and manufacturing capacity to seize this opportunity.

What does everyone here think?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MVP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.5¢
Change
0.005(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $34.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 40.5¢ 40.0¢ $70.19K 175.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3824 40.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.0¢ 18441 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MVP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.